World Hearing Day has now passed. Watch the recording of our special World Hearing Day webinar.
World Hearing Day is an annual global advocacy event and the most extensive awareness campaign calling for action to address hearing loss and related issues. By celebrating this day, we bring additional awareness about hearing loss and the importance of ear and hearing care and enable communities worldwide to promote this important health issue as a national agenda item. This year also marks the release of the first ever World Report on Hearing.
Every year, this day addresses a specific theme. The theme of World Hearing Day 2021 is:
Hearing care for ALL!
Screen. Rehabilitate. Communicate
World Hearing Day aims to address the following:
- Good hearing and communication are important at all stages of life.
- Hearing loss (and related ear diseases) can be avoided through preventative actions such as: protection against loud sounds; good ear care practices and immunization.
- Hearing loss (and related ear diseases) can be addressed when it is identified in a timely manner and appropriate care sought.
- People at risk of hearing loss should check their hearing regularly.
- People having hearing loss (or related ear diseases) should seek care from a health care provider.